Artist Robert Crawford
Before You Start Searching
Create an account to save your work
To use the EBSCO databases best, create an account. This allows you to save your searches, articles, images, etc. to a folder and then access them when you logon at a later date. Now you have the articles in an electronic format and can cut and paste as you do your papers. If you don’t have an account, any searches you save to a folder will be lost once the session is ended. There is no cost to an account.
1. Once you have opened a database, click on Sign In To My EBSCOhost.
2. Click on I’m a new user.
3. Fill in the information. Your username and password are your choice. Choose something you won’t forget. Submit your application.
Other ways to save articles
Once you have found an article, you may save it to a disk, your S:drive, or a USB Flash Drive. EBSCO allows you to e-mail the articles to yourself and/or others. You then can access them electronically. You may always print your articles.
EBSCO is a complier of electronic databases which access magazine and journal articles. They call their collection EBSCOhost. Neither EBSCO or EBSCOhost are a database or the name of any particular database. The EBSCO databases are the largest electronic collection in Baron-Forness Library. The largest academic database in their collection is Academic Search Complete. Academic Search Complete (ASC) will be the example of their databases for this guide. All the EBSCO databases can be accessed off campus by Edinboro students, staff and faculty.
Go to the Library Home Page: Click on Find Articles. From Find Articles, choose Academic Search Complete. From here you can add any of the other EBSCOhost databases to your search. If you wish to search all the databases the library subscribes to click on All E-Resources A-Z. To search by subject area click on E-Resources by Subject
If you are off campus, once you've clicked on a resource, you will be taken to a screen like the following.
Method #1 - Library ID Logon (left box)
Method #2 - Username/Password Logon (right box)
From the drop-down list of institutions, select Edinboro University of PA. Enter the username and password you use to access the campus network. Note: if you haven't logged-on to the campus network recently and/or you're not sure of your password, you may need to reset your password and/or have your entire account reset at the HelpDesk in Ross Hall.
If you have any questions or continue experiencing problems accessing a resource remotely, please contact the Information Desk at (814) 732-2253.
Need More Help?
For additional assistance, consult a professional librarian at the Information Desk or:
- Phone (814) 732-2253 for Reference, Information.
- E-Mail If you don't wish to use the form, our e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instant Messaging (IM): For AIM, our user-name is: BF Library
- If you don't have AIM, you can IM us by going to the Library Home Page
Hints when using IM with our librarians.
- We will answer as fast as we can. Often we are working with other patrons when the IM comes in, so give us some time to answer you. Please don't log off a few seconds after you send the message
- Some times we are helping others away from the desk, so again, please give us time.
- We're sorry, but many of us don't know all the IM abbreviations.